brain activity log
- I'm probably going to buy a Brunetti combo guitar amplifier. Tried it yesterday
with Roberto at Emporio Musicale Senese. Hum.. tried a couple of them, in fact: one
smaller, 20 watts, class A and one bigger, 60 W, class A+B. Surprisingly both
sound great and the smaller one is even cleaner than the big one. Otoh the smaller
lacks a crunch channel and a reverb control. I'll try again both amps on Wendesday
with my own guitar.
- A couple of days out of the routine. Stepped 10 years back in time and had really a lot
of fun. A trend that can't be kept for long time tough. I've also managed to met Roberta.
Expectations absolutely confirmed: really a couple of steps ahead... also a couple of cm
taller than me! (too bad :D).
- Gemma, Michele and Dalia are going to have their bachelor degree in this month. On Tuesday Gemma and Dalia
invited me to the party :)
- Studying Control Systems again. Exam in a couple of weeks (hopefully). I also
have to study Signal Theory...
- Tomorrow we'll make the first running test for the new Economato system at Bassilichi.
I have to be there at 8 am. Ough :D
Paola is going to kill me if things don't work out as expected... but I'm almost sure
- A nice incoming work: a model site.. this will be fun :)
- Started a small rewrite of this site. Will still keep the same layout
but will use some of the new nice "techniques" that I have discovered.
Because of lack of time, the results will be probably visible in few months only...
but well.. if one doesn't start, one never finishes.
Maybe I'll finally add comments to this blog too :D
- I have asked Paolo to start the operations in order to switch the siena.linux.it
NS from ns.firenze.linux.it to gaia. Hopefully people will notice it and help
in finishing the new site layout. Let's move on!
- QListView is really buggy in qt3 for windows. Noldor is finding a lot of non working test cases...
- Mutty still in Poland...
||Carmen and Michela
|Roberto (senza tappi)
|Samu Biotek (a Martello)
||A funny table
||Ooops... censored :D
- I had a first deeper look at Qt4. Here are my thoughs:
- The collection classes have been totally redesigned. The biggest point
is that autoDelete() is gone. This will force me to either run through
80.000 lines of code looking for memory leaks (NO) or to rewrite the
QPtrList and QDict classes (YES) and thus don't use the Qt ones anymore.
This is bad (tm). I don't like the "don't use pointers" approach: you usually
store objects or complex structures in lists: these things rarely have a copy constructor
and if they have it, it doesn't use implicit sharing and thus it's SLOW. KVIrc
uses objects without copy constructors in 95% of the lists. Bad bad bad bad...
- The Model/View system basically sux. At least it does at the first approach.
It is really complexier than the previous model and will probably require more
code to implement the previous features (like a specially painted QListViewItem...)
- They did ONE good thing: QString is now always NULL terminated... finally...
(I have suggested that at least a couple of years ago and they laughed at me on the ml...)
- The meeting with Essentia and Menarini didn't look that good...
- A couple of really hard days: I'm really tired...
- Silvio and Francesca returned from Berlin. Silvio said that it's the "paradise of darks".
He is right. Berlin is 100 light years ahead. I'm glad that they found useful
my suggestions about Tacheles :)
- Visited Everex on thursday. They build complex hardware platforms.
This might be the start of a new nice collaboration.
- Meet Enrico after few years. He was a bit lost after separating from his gf after 5 years.
Yep.. when you see a guy going around alone on saturday night it must be not a good sign :D
Well.. but he seems to be strong: I'm sure he will come back up really soon.
- Yesterday I have seen a nice girl at SONAR.
Tall and blonde... features that I've always liked a lot :D She is in the Roberto's and Samuele company.
I've managed to know her name and a couple of anecdots about her hat ("Know Your Mushrooms"?).
We'll see: maybe I'll get to meet her sooner or later. Samuele appears to be a bit angry (?) tough...
- This morning I have encountered Steven from La Cornucopia. He turned out from just another customer to an incredibly nice person :)))
He came with Claire, his lovely dog.
He also brought me a CD and a couple of bottles of wine. This was quite an amazing encounter. Thnx Steven :)
There are nice people around: you just have to be lucky enough to meet them.
- My mother is on the way to Poland. She called me earlier and said that there is nearly 1 m of snow.
I hope that it will not be a hard time.
- Jorn Lande says...
I give you everything just for a while
You got the best of me this is my time
The seed I've been given, Hallelujah
To grow my ambitions high
All you people of the western land
Is it so hard to smile and lend a helping hand
Open your hearts it can be simple
If you just show what you feel
Go look for something real
- This morning I have received a nice gift that really made my day. I was woken up
early by several phone calls (after going to sleep around 6 am)... I was going to
throw the phone against the wall :D After that had to _run_ to the Bassilichi
Services offices to deliver a part of a software I'm writing for them.
While crossing the gate with my car I've noticed the package in the mailbox. The postman
stuffed it so hard in the mailbox that I couldn't get it out for a couple of minutes.
Too good it had a nice metallic package inside...but after that opened it and started smiling.
It's incredible that someone that thinks of you can turn your day from black to blue.
Thnx Cle' :)
- Signal Theory exam on the way: on thursday I'll have to talk for nearly one hour
with a really great matematician. This will be a tough test :)
- Lorenzo is going to be operated today. A routine operation but it's still hospital,
doctors, anesthesists...and yesterday he seemed to be very unconfortable with that.
I'll go to visit him to bring up his mood :)
- As usual, the work pressure is high.
- Because of the upcoming exam I can't work on KVIrc for a couple of days.
The pragma at kvirc dot net got a bit filled with requests: I'll answer (and eventually fulfull)
after Thursday. Please be patient :)
- I Had to react a bit strongly to the behaviour of one of the Developers.
Fortunately he didn't take it too bad and committed new (fixed) work just
the day after. I'm sure he will do a great job from now on.
- The image on the side is one of the excellent Etherea's artworks. If it has no transparent
background please go and get a real browser :)
- Ah... Happy New Year :D
want more ?
... really ? :D
Browse around then.
You're viewing 5 posts per page: you can view more or less, if you want.
The entries marked in red are the ones you're viewing now.