brain activity log
I've been in Firenze, visiting Centrica, for the whole evening.
Firenze is a place that i've felt in love with and definitively one of the places to live in, at least for a while.
Well...maybe with the small exception of the parking problems.
The sunset at ponte vecchio is something that I must re-live once in a while :)
The slang is also one of the most beautiful italian forms you can hear. I's impossibile not to smile
a bit when a man from Firenze is talking.
This must have been a day of remembrances.
Something has changed :)
U turn: from black to white, from left-side menu to right-side menu.
White is less conservative about energy than black, but still allows
concentrating on the beautiful colors of the foreground.
Also living all the life in blackness is kinda ugly. Thus here we go with the
new shiny light and clean layout. If you are addicted to the old one you can
still visit it
but be aware that it will not be updated anymore.
- The test at Bassilichi went well: if everything goes like expected, in the
next week we're going in production. A small satisfaction about a well done job :)
- Spent the day at Everex in Florence. Brought back a nice
XScale based development board to play with. This is going to be fun :)
I've also brought back a whole bunch of hw documentation, data sheets and
12 GB of data files (it took 2 hours to copy the source tree through a 100 MBit connection...)
- I think I'm ill: fever... too bad :/ Running on very hot tea and Aspirin.
Hum.. also missed the Gemma and Dalia's tonight bachelor party because of this.
- Auguri a tutte le donne per domani :)
- I'm probably going to buy a Brunetti combo guitar amplifier. Tried it yesterday
with Roberto at Emporio Musicale Senese. Hum.. tried a couple of them, in fact: one
smaller, 20 watts, class A and one bigger, 60 W, class A+B. Surprisingly both
sound great and the smaller one is even cleaner than the big one. Otoh the smaller
lacks a crunch channel and a reverb control. I'll try again both amps on Wendesday
with my own guitar.
- A couple of days out of the routine. Stepped 10 years back in time and had really a lot
of fun. A trend that can't be kept for long time tough. I've also managed to met Roberta.
Expectations absolutely confirmed: really a couple of steps ahead... also a couple of cm
taller than me! (too bad :D).
- Gemma, Michele and Dalia are going to have their bachelor degree in this month. On Tuesday Gemma and Dalia
invited me to the party :)
- Studying Control Systems again. Exam in a couple of weeks (hopefully). I also
have to study Signal Theory...
- Tomorrow we'll make the first running test for the new Economato system at Bassilichi.
I have to be there at 8 am. Ough :D
Paola is going to kill me if things don't work out as expected... but I'm almost sure
- A nice incoming work: a model site.. this will be fun :)
- Started a small rewrite of this site. Will still keep the same layout
but will use some of the new nice "techniques" that I have discovered.
Because of lack of time, the results will be probably visible in few months only...
but well.. if one doesn't start, one never finishes.
Maybe I'll finally add comments to this blog too :D
- I have asked Paolo to start the operations in order to switch the siena.linux.it
NS from ns.firenze.linux.it to gaia. Hopefully people will notice it and help
in finishing the new site layout. Let's move on!
- QListView is really buggy in qt3 for windows. Noldor is finding a lot of non working test cases...
- Mutty still in Poland...
||Carmen and Michela
|Roberto (senza tappi)
|Samu Biotek (a Martello)
||A funny table
||Ooops... censored :D
- I had a first deeper look at Qt4. Here are my thoughs:
- The collection classes have been totally redesigned. The biggest point
is that autoDelete() is gone. This will force me to either run through
80.000 lines of code looking for memory leaks (NO) or to rewrite the
QPtrList and QDict classes (YES) and thus don't use the Qt ones anymore.
This is bad (tm). I don't like the "don't use pointers" approach: you usually
store objects or complex structures in lists: these things rarely have a copy constructor
and if they have it, it doesn't use implicit sharing and thus it's SLOW. KVIrc
uses objects without copy constructors in 95% of the lists. Bad bad bad bad...
- The Model/View system basically sux. At least it does at the first approach.
It is really complexier than the previous model and will probably require more
code to implement the previous features (like a specially painted QListViewItem...)
- They did ONE good thing: QString is now always NULL terminated... finally...
(I have suggested that at least a couple of years ago and they laughed at me on the ml...)
- The meeting with Essentia and Menarini didn't look that good...
- A couple of really hard days: I'm really tired...
- Silvio and Francesca returned from Berlin. Silvio said that it's the "paradise of darks".
He is right. Berlin is 100 light years ahead. I'm glad that they found useful
my suggestions about Tacheles :)
- Visited Everex on thursday. They build complex hardware platforms.
This might be the start of a new nice collaboration.
- Meet Enrico after few years. He was a bit lost after separating from his gf after 5 years.
Yep.. when you see a guy going around alone on saturday night it must be not a good sign :D
Well.. but he seems to be strong: I'm sure he will come back up really soon.
- Yesterday I have seen a nice girl at SONAR.
Tall and blonde... features that I've always liked a lot :D She is in the Roberto's and Samuele company.
I've managed to know her name and a couple of anecdots about her hat ("Know Your Mushrooms"?).
We'll see: maybe I'll get to meet her sooner or later. Samuele appears to be a bit angry (?) tough...
want more ?
... really ? :D
Browse around then.
You're viewing 5 posts per page: you can view more or less, if you want.
The entries marked in red are the ones you're viewing now.